Saturday 13 June 2009

Get over yourselves...


You're beginning to sound like this guy, at his most flamboyant, expressionistic, and lacking in content...
IT is right on this one, and if I get a second to myself I'll try to explain why I, cretin that I am, might think so...

UPDATE- no, of course I have not a resounding, definitive statement to bring closure to this problem, not even a quiet, inconclusive one, although this little thing from the interwebs is perhaps a very appropriate comment. Like it or not, thinkers - even thinkers of the pure multiple - have proper names, and there is a messy wake of cultural capital that these names drag behind them. People seem to have been arguing over jetsam rather than the fucking boat, to stretch the metaphor... There are under-identifiers, oh lord there are under-identifiers, anybody who has spent time in an architecture department will know that, and there are those who over-identify. Intensity of attachment is no guarantor of quality of argument, however, no matter how impassioned you are.

No comments: