Monday 23 July 2012

Some announcements...

First off, how bloody strange is this?

I haven't the foggiest idea how on earth this occurred, and what it means...  For example, one could begin with the fact that even within my tiny little field, I can think of a great many people in my age bracket with far more influence than I... Furthermore, they seem to have gotten hold of an old cv of mine and them hyperbolically amplified the achievements (guest critic becomes visiting professor etc)... but then, hang on, what the hell have I got in common with billionaire russian teenagers who own 20 galleries and all that milieu? The mind boggles.

I can only surmise that this is an in-joke played on me by someone who knows me personally, but I can't for one second think who it might be, and I don't particularly care to find out.



Nothing Will Be Restrained - A Short History of the Tower from Simolab-Creative AV on Vimeo.

Anyway; as if one film with me pontificating about the Orbit wasn't enough, here's another. This one might be of interest to you because it's got Kapoor and Balmond talking bolognese about the bloody thing, and they manage to hang themselves without me or anyone else needing to be too harsh about it. Note also my incessant, compulsive need to compare everything to exhibition palaces and train stations...

No comments: